Honey is a magical ingredient that helps to keep your skin refreshed, young and tight. At the same time, it is also known to have several health supporting properties. Therefore, it is used in different beauty preparations showcasing the powerful effect on the skin. Not only does it have antibacterial and antioxidant properties, but honey is also very effective as a moisturizer and can reduce skin irritation as well. However, it is best used in its raw form since the process of pasteurization can reduce many of its properties. Following are some of the ways that you could use this wonderful natural product to increase your beauty:
1. Blend a tomato with a tablespoon of honey to make a thick gooey paste. Apply this on your skin and keep it on for 30 minutes or so in order to exfoliate it gently.
2. Moisturize your skin very easily simply by spreading honey all over it. Rinse it away with water after around 15 minutes.
3. You can also moisturize your skin using a face pack made of honey mixed with natural yogurt (not the sweetened or flavored ones).
4. You can remove makeup and accumulated dirt from your skin by applying a cleanser made of honey mixed with coconut oil or olive oil. Use extra virgin oil for its powerful antioxidant properties.
5. Mix almond meal with honey to form a thick paste which you can then apply over your body and leave to dry. Use a damp washcloth or loofah to scrub the paste away in order to leave the skin underneath fresh and glowing.
6. Draw a luxurious bath for yourself by pouring half a cup of honey into it along with two cups of raw milk. Add a few drops of lavender oil to the bath to help you relax. This milk and honey bath was Cleopatra’s favorite and it definitely will work wonders for you. Make sure that you rinse yourself off with plain water (no soap) afterwards.
While any kind of honey is good for your skin, it is believed that Manuka Honey from New Zealand can offer you the maximum benefits. You should also follow a few precautions when using this natural beauty product. Avoid applying it to the delicate skin around your eyes because you might damage it further by pulling it. You should also tie your hair up when applying any of the face masks mentioned above or else your hair will stick to your face.